
This is a picture of the iced milk tea I had today. I made about 5-6 servings of hot milk tea yesterday . . . but I could only drink a glass of it. The rest I poured into a jar, allowed to cool, and stored in the fridge overnight. It turned out great! Since making the tea takes about 15-20 minuted total, I definitely recommend making extra so you can have leftovers.
However, for those of you too lazy/busy/cooking-impaired to make your own, this sort of milk tea is a dime a dozen here in Berkeley. Both Quickley and Sweetheart Cafe on Durant (between Telegraph and Bowditch) sell it for 59 cents . . . of course this stuff doesn't taste as good as homemade, but it's not bad for the price. For better quality, Lotus House (also on Durant between Telegraph and Bowditch) sells milk tea for about $2.50. The tea is mixed fresh here, and the difference is apparent. For me personally though . . . I'd either grab a cheap, quick 59-cent fix or spend the time making the good stuff at home.
1 comment:
Post a Comment