Okay, maybe you've noticed a bit of a trend lately. So perhaps two galettes a pattern does not make. However, what you can't witness from these pictures are the two
other apricot with cherries galettes I made for the Fourth. So, in about two weeks, I have made four galettes. And I don't intend on stopping there. Oh nooooo... Because, did you know that you can make
savory galettes? YES, SALTY GALETTES!! I saw a recipe in
Chez Panisse Vegetables for a tomato & cantal cheese (French cheddar) variety. Think of all the other possibilities... I'm thinking of caramelized onions...potatoes...mushrooms...leek...BACON!! and replacing the juice excreted by fruit with a little of the custard mix you'd normally put in the pie shell of a cheese quiche. Add a little green salad on the side and, voila, balanced meal.
Fruit galettes for breakfast, savory for lunch & dinner.

What I forgot to do here is peel the skin off! It makes for a prettier galette. But, looks aside, it all tastes good.
No comments:
Post a Comment