Friday, April 02, 2010

I'm baaaack...

Dear Friends,

After 2-plus years of neglect, I have decided to resuscitate Di and Alyssa's food blog. I have to admit, I abandoned it out of a mix of self-consciousness and laziness. When we started the blog, the idea was rather novel (as far as I knew) but, by the last months I was updating it, food blogs were springing up over the place. They weren't taken very seriously, even made fun of. I didn't want to be not taken seriously, or even, made fun of. Well, don't worry, I've gotten over that. Belittle me and make fun of me all you want. I am back. Possibly with a vengeance.

Now that I think about it, it is perhaps a shame I didn't blog while I was in France, where I had access to great markets and ingredients and when I cooked a LOT. But, whatever, what wasn't done wasn't done. Did I mention that I'm back?

As for Alyssa, I actually haven't asked her if she would like to make her reappearance too. Hopefully I can convince her to. Either way, whether she'll be back or not, please be reminded that I'm back.

So, yes, I'm back, armed with a knife, chopping board and broken laptop.

Yours truly,

Diluxe

No comments: