
Shish Tauook.
Barbequed chicken, this was awesome though a little more than I would have liked to pay (19LE or just under $4). The vegetarian dishes are all very cheap but the meat costs a fortune. I think after today I will start to get back on track in terms of my budget.

Pigeons stuffed with rice and liver (2).
Rita ordered this and it was enough to feed two people easily. I didn't really like how they cooked the pigeon, and the rice had a kind of sweet but slightly unpleasant taste (maybe I don't like liver?). It was pretty pricey at 26LE. Another day another food adventure . . .
Afterwards Nadir took us to his favorite Hooka place, Zein in Heliopolis. I got the apple flavor and it tasted good, but it's not something I'll do everyday as by the end I could feel my throat starting to punish me. It cost about 4LE (maybe 75 cents) and the tea was another 3LE.
No comments:
Post a Comment